Popular Posts

Mangoes Packaging Material Most Suitable For Export of Mangoes
Mangoes Packaging Material Most Suitable For Export of Mangoes
Jun 17th, 2018 06:13 AM by Admin
Mango Packaging Material, Packaging Material

 

A research done by researchers from the national mango board was able to find the most suitable packaging material that can withstand even long distance shipping to North and South America. The research took into consideration the current packaging process of 14 down. These findings were then shared with a group of 100 exporters to assess whether they would like to use the same.

To the surprise of the Board almost 78% of exporters were interested in changing thier packaging material as that reduced the chances of Damage caused during shipping. While 10% remain indifferent, only 12% who were exporting to neighboring countries such as UAE were unwilling to change thier packaging material.

As Per the National Mango Board the best and most suitable packaging is of 12 Down. The Design specifiaction of it is as follows:-

  1. 12 down tray design: 12.875 x 11.75 x 4 inches
  2. Weight capacity: 5 kg (11 lbs.)

These designs create a pallet pattern which makes clear channels for air flow through the mango trays, compared to a 14 down pallet pattern. The preferred Packaging material as per the national mango board is a C-flute corrugated board with a 200 lb. burst strength. This Packaging Design enables mangoes to be shipped on standard 40x48 GMA pallets.